The immigration assistant deals with students’ immigration issues: advising, directing and encouraging students to apply for study permits in time. This section also communicates coming information from the immigration department and assists students to obtain necessary documents that allow them live and study in Kenya legally.
STUDENTS’ PASS REQUIREMENTS_ NEW APPLICATION
HARD COPY INSTRUCTIONS
Submit the following copies:
- Proof of sponsorship/commitment letter indicating surety of FEES and ACCOMMODATION + a copy of the Sponsor’s/Guardian’s National Passport. Addressed to.
The Director of Immigration Services
P O Box 30191-00100
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students (Attach copies of Bank Statements – at least for the last 3months).
- Valid copy of National Passport (the bio-data page and Current Immigration Status) for the student.
- Two colored passport size photos of the applicant.
- Copies of previous Academic Certificates (Secondary School + any other) (Translated and certified by a recognized institution for non-English speaking countries) – recommended institutions (ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE OR GOETHE-INSTITUT)
- Copy of Research Permit for students undertaking research.
- Copy of Admission Letter to Tangaza
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Police Clearance Certificate from Country of Origin
SOFT COPY INSTRUCTIONS
Please send scanned soft copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. USE JPEG FORMAT ONLY
- Copy of a valid student’s national passport – bio-data page
- One recent colored passport size photos
- A copy of the Academic Certificate qualifying the student to the program/course being admitted into – just one
FEES – Provide proof of payment
East Africans (Rwandese, Tanzanians, Ugandans & Burundians)
- One/Two Years – Ksh.500.00
- One Years– Ksh.5,705.00
- Two Years – Ksh.10,855.00
CONGREGATION/HOSTEL/KENYAN RESIDENTIAL CONTACT INFORMATION
NAME OF CONGREGATION: _______________________________________________________________
Phone No.: _________________________________ Email Address: _____________________________
Kenyan Postal Address: ______________________ Postal Code: _______________________________
City: ______________________________________ Kenyan Cellphone: __________________________
Country of Residence: ________________________ Residential County: __________________________
Sub County: ________________________________ Location: __________________________________
Plot No./Building Name: ______________________ Nearest Landmark: __________________________
Town: ____________________________________ Nearest Road/Street: ________________________
*** NEW APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED 3 MONTHS BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF THE STUDIES
IT IS AN OFFENSE:
- To receive education or training at any educational or training establishment within Kenya without a Student’s Pass.
- To engage in any form of employment either for gain or not while in possession of a Student’s Pass. OR to use an Employment Permit or any other Permit to study.